"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
-Marjorie Hinkley
Life gets crazy sometimes and pulls you in all different directions at the same time. But I have realized that the most important thing to do is remember who you are and never sway from that. The Lord gives us all types of challenges and trials, it is up to us how we react to them. Today I'm going to try a little harder to be a little better in all that I do.
Here are some things I am most grateful for:
-My wonderful husband who believes in me more that I believe in myself sometimes
-My precious daughter who knows exactly when I need a hug
-The opportunity that I have to go to school to reach my dreams of being a nurse
-My parents for just being them, I can't thank them enough for all they do for us
-My brothers who always make me smile and laugh
-My sister-in-law for always thinking of me and for the good chats we have
-Most of all for my savior Jesus Christ for the sacrifces he made for me and for my happiness.

5 comments:
Very moving. I love you my sweet daughter and friend.
What an amazing quote-I love Sister Hinckley. And what a good reminder of what is really important-thank yo for that! It look likes you having been busy-hope school is going well for you (and for Kylee too!)
Thanks for the quote! I hope you reach your dream of becoming a nurse and I know you will!
I love that quote...and I love you! You are doing a great job at everything and I look up to you in a lot of ways! Thanks for being a good example to me!
love that quote! I'm so blessed to call you my friend!
p.s. I'm so so proud of you, way to pass your exam!
Post a Comment