Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chinese New Years!

Derek ate some pork and I'm not sure what else was in most of the food. But I saw some kind of cooked foot and it was over for me. I ate some lettace and noodles, thats about it. They wanted us to sit indian style and everything, it was awesome!
Kylee danced to some Chinese music (check out the people on tv).
Our last night in Texas, we got to celebrate a holiday we have never celebrated before. We got invited to attend a Chinese New Years party!! When we first walked into the house there was a feast! Lets just say I didn't load my plate up at all. It was very interesting food. Derek said, here you go this is like being on a mission, you don't want to affend them, so just eat it. We sat on the floor and did everything they did. It was really fun to see how the Chinese culture does things. It was quite an experience and I am glad we were able to be apart of it. Kylee had a blast with the little chinese boy!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Looks like you had a good time in TX! You look gorgeous. I can't believe how long your hair is getting. Miss you.

Jodi said...

You are much braver than I!