Yesterday was a hard day; we all have them. Well my family obviously knows when I need them. The kids and I were in bed by 7:45 last night to say the least. D hadn't come home yet, sometimes we run on all cylinders being in graduate school. But each day we feel very blessed to be where we are and for the opportunities that the lord blesses us with on a daily basis. We recognize them everyday, even when its a hard day. It ended with Nash going right to sleep for me and Kylee jo's prayer. When she went to bed last night she said my name specifically in the prayer. Its like she knew I needed it. When we woke up early this morning to do spelling words, she again prayed for me specifically. When D got home, Im sure he walked in and could tell what kind of a day I had. The house was a complete disaster. It isn't normal for me to go to bed before my house is somewhat picked up so I can start fresh the next day. Not to mention it was quiet and we were all in bed. I know he had a long couple of days and we hadn't seen him. But when I woke up this morning the house was spotless. He had done every dish in the sink, picked up every toy and straightened up everything. I felt so grateful. He always knows what I need. He set aside his long day to help me with mine. I am so grateful for my husband, I don't know how he does all that he has to do yet still picks me up out of my weak moment. I am so blessed to have these wonderful people in my life. Its ok to have a hard day, but I can't let it carry over, and how could I if i tried? They lift me up when I'm down, put a smile on my face when Im sad, pray for me when I haven't prayed for myself, and do my job when I fall short. Thank you to my sweet little family!


3 comments:
Your family is adorable! So glad you felt the love when you were the most stressed. :)
HELLO!! I am so behind on your blog. Looks like things are going great for you! That is so exciting about Kylee's new school. I'm so glad she loves it and that it's Derek's last year that is super exciting too!! We are expecting our 4th in June so I've been dealing with early pregnancy "fun" the last few months. We're super excited. I just need to catch up on my blog now!! Love ya!
Ah I love this post! And you!!
Post a Comment