Sunday, June 14, 2015

Thunderstorm and stories

"If life and its rushed pace and many stresses have made it difficult for you to feel like rejoicing, then perhaps now is a good time to refocus on what matters most.” -Dieter F. Uchtdorf 
First off, I love this quote and it is a very good reminder of what really matters. There are so many distractions and my biggest fear is having regret about not spending enough time with my kids. I do not have social media for this reason and many more. Although I feel like as of late I have been spending more time on distractions then reading my scriptures or focusing on teaching my kiddos. It's summer, my favorite time of year. I am hard on myself and I do realize I need ME time every once in a while. But today at Church I got that little reminder bc we got asked to speak in church. We also got called as youth Sunday school teachers. This week I feel like I will get back on track bc I have a lot of preparation to do. I am so grateful for the little reminders the lord gives me when I need them. Anyways, onto the fun stuff. We had a nice little thunderstorm today. Nash and ky sat and looked out the window. As they watched the rain come down Derek told some of their favorite stories. They laugh so hard, bc his stories are very entertaining. Nash was so excited to watch the rain come down and make the huge puddle in the back yard. After the rain stopped you can guess what he did for hours. 

No comments: