Saturday, September 10, 2016

I want to remember everything!

I'm hoping this is some way I can remember these blissful feelings. As Nash went to bed tonight he asked me to read him one of his tractor books. Because it was late I thought about bypassing it. Instead I read him his book. He corrected the book when I read the wrong name for the tractor. He would say "no mom, say car hauler not transporter. Say backhoe not digger" so I would read it again his correct way. 
Then as I was covering him up and saying goodnight. He would repeat back "love you mom, goodnight mom, see you tomorrow"
As this move has been an adjustment for him. It has made him extra clingy. He doesn't want to do anything by himself. But I thought today, and I have thought often. There will be a day where he is independent and doesn't want me around. For right now, he loves my company. So I need to soak this in. 

Then on the way home tonight Kylee and I had a conversation about how the church. She asks very mature questions.
We talked about "the whys" of the gospel. I told her that I didn't know a lot of the "whys" until I was older. She told me she knew the whys. And she does. 

If there's anything I want in this life, it's that my kids will know why we believe what we believe. Why we do what we do. I don't want them just doing it bc they are told. I want them to do it bc they go off of their true feelings, their hearts, and their faith. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have gained and continue to gain of this gospel. I know that we go through trials to text and grow our faith. This past 8 months have definitely  been a trial my faith. And for that I am grateful, because it was unshaken. It has taken me a long time to get here, but I am so grateful I have the faith and I believe. 

No comments: