Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sweet thoughts from Kylee jo

A few days before my grams passed away kylee said a prayer before bed. In her prayer she said, "please bless grandma Bev that she will be able to go to heaven with other papa" at that point my grams was in pretty bad shape. She held on for what seemed like a long time. Kylee wasn't told anything but that we would be going to Texas yet again to see grams. So when she said that tender prayer it was so special. What a comfort we have to know that we will see our loved ones again. I feel so grateful for the knowledge that I have of this gospel and the plan of salvation. Mostly what a blessing I have in Kyle jo.  What an amazing girl she is.

A few days ago we were driving in the car. Ky said "mom, someday I'm going to thank you for all the nice things you have done for me." It was so sweet.

We were on a walk the other day, I love our walks because as I push the stroller and she riders her bike or scooter beside me, we chat about all kinds of things. D and I have been contemplating home school. Basically we are weighing our options for education. I was chatting with her about school and    different things. She asked "so how many hours do I have to go to first grade?" I said "6 hours or so" and then she asked "how many for homeschool." "I said maybe 3' I'm not sure" she then said "ok I want to do homeschool" her intellectual questions amaze me.

Another thought about homeschool. Derek and I were chatting about it in the car. As always she's in the back seat singing. I told Derek, "I just don't know, I just want to know what to do" Kylee piped in and said "mom, why don't you just pray about it and ask Heavenly Father what to do?" At that moment I thought...wow...education is very important...Derek and I want the best for her in every aspect of her life. At the same time...I feel that what we are teaching her about the gospel is far more important than anything else. I want my children to know and have a relationship with our Heavenly Father. That little moment eased my mind a little bit about homeschool. I know that The Lord will help us make the right decision but for now...those little moments keep me in check just knowing that  the most important things are being taught.

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

Awww what a tender post. I just love sweet comments like that from the kids. Lets us know we're doing what we should. Nathan often reminds me to pray and it amazes me how much faith he has when I haven't even thought to pray in that situation too. Homeschooling does have its challenges, but so does public school. I am very happy with our decision to homeschool. I hope you will feel at peace with whatever decision you make. I am always here if you want to e-mail me to chat about it all as you brainstorm or as you make your decision.