Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Battle wounds...




Kylee Jo had quite a weekend. It started on Thursday when she got out of the tub. She slipped and cut her toe open. Then we left for Wyoming and the next morning she pulled my parents trash can down and it fell directly on her ankle (Its a heavy wooden trash can). She was limping on it the first day but now won't walk. So grandpa taught her how to crawl and thats how she has been getting around. Well mainly by me carrying her everywhere. We took her to the Doctor on Monday and they took an X-ray and it isn't broken, just sprained. So it's good news. She just has to rest it for a few days. That is something really hard for Little Miss Independent to do. I must say its a pretty sad sight to see a tiny girl like her limping. But she still has good spirits and smiles all the time as you can see in the pics. What a cutie!!

10 comments:

Jodi said...

How sad...though she doesn't look to upset! What a cutie!!

Mary Mathews said...

Scary. I hope she makes a full recovery and is running around in no time!

Gena said...

Poor little thing. Sounds like it was a rough weekend. I love her little stance on the couch in that top picture. She is a tough girl!!

allison said...

Poor girl. I'm sure she'll be running around all over the place before you know it though! Can't wait to see you next week!!!

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

How sad! That's good it wasn't broken though. She is way tough!

hammond fam said...

I promise i am going to screw that dang trash can to the cabinet!!!!!!!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

oh how sad. I feel bad for her and for you!

Darren and Mandi said...

poor thing! She looks like she's taking it very well tho. Still smiling :) Glad she's ok and nothing was broken!

Michelle C said...

That's so sad. The beginnings of the many injuries our kids will have huh? Glad it wasn't broken.

Unknown said...

poor baby! i hope she is feeling better. she still looks cute all injured ... that doesnt happen for me lol