Thursday, December 1, 2016

Serving each other...

These kiddos of mine never cease to amaze me with their kindness and love. Especially when it comes to each other. As I sit in bed and reflect on our day, I feel so blessed to be able to raise and be apart of kylee and nash's lives.
Kylee got in the car today when she got out of school, in her pocket she pulls out a surprise for Nash. She earns tickets and once a month gets to pick from the treasure box. Well she had 18 tickets, She spent 14 of them on a little skateboard for nash and 4 of them on a piece of gum for her. Nash was so excited and you can tell she feels happy knowing how excited he gets.
Well our afternoon continues as nash complains of his stomach. I held him for about an hour. I got up to run to the bathroom and in that time kylee is yelling "mom, nash is throwing up!" So she helped me with him. Derek was working late and I thought we would run to get dinner and some 7 up and gatorade. Nash said he wanted to go. So he did fine until the second stop. I ran into walgreens and kylee stayed with him. When I came back, she was holding the towel for him as he threw up. She looked at me as I rushed to help and said "I was just saying a prayer that you would come back, and you did right then!"
On the way home, nash throws up again. She's back there with him, cleaning up the chunks of throw up. I said just wait Kylee, I will pull over. But As i sit here and think of her, how wonderful and selfless she is. She didn't even think twice about how gross it was, she was just there to help him. She said in the car while i was in the store that she was just talking to him about christmas, trying to keep his mind off of it.
They absolutely and completely have the light of christ. They are so forgiving, selfless, they serve, they love, I am a blessed women.








No comments: