Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Gratitude

I have seen trials in peoples lives lately that make my heart hurt. A few of these people are close to me and a few I have come across randomly. But through each of these times where I have been able to help in some way, whether it be through prayer, watching kids, or just a listening ear; I have learned and grown in my own way and in my own trials. I am so grateful for MY trials. They are mine, just for me, and the Lord knows what I need, he also knows what I can handle. I am extremely grateful for the relationship I have with my heavenly father. He gives me comfort when I need comfort, he gives me hope, grace, and love. But above all he gives me the ability to be happy and have a family that complete me. I have gotten down on my knees and prayed for these people in my life to have comfort. Praying specifically for them and their circumstances. By doing this I have grown in more ways than I thought I could. But heavenly father hears my prayers. He knows my heart, he knows their heart. It is interesting at times when we pray, we are praying for ourselves, what we need, what we are grateful for. But when we shift to someone else with more severe problems it gives us strength and comfort.
Through graduate school and a mix of postpartum, I have had an internal struggle with anxiety. And the more I research and read about it, and come across people, the more I find how common it is. I know that my trials will be a help to me but also probably a help to others in my life. I have quotes in my house and in various places that I want to be reminded of when I read this in a few years. Here are some of the words I have used for inspiration and have helped me over the last 2 years:

"The tests of life are tailored for our own best interests, and all will face the burdens best suited to their own mortal experience. In the end we will realize that God is merciful as well as just and all the rules are fair. We can be reassured that our challenges will be the ones that we needed, and conquering them will bring blessings we could have received in no other way." (Elder Holland)

"In preventing illness whenever possible, watch for the stress indicators in yourself and in others you may be able to help. As with your automobile, be alert to rising temperatures, excessive speed, or a tank low on fuel. When you face "depletion depression", make the requisite adjustments. Fatigue is the common enemy of us all. So slow down, rest up, replenish, and refill. Physicians promise us that if we do not take time to be well, we oat assuredly will take time later on to be ill." (Elder Holland)

"The pleasures of the body can become an obsession for some; so too can the attention we give to our outward appearance. Sometimes there is a selfish excess of exercising, dieting, makeovers, and spending money on the latest fashions. I am troubled by the practice of extreme makeovers. Happiness comes from accepting the bodies we have been given as divine gifts and enhancing our natural attributes, not for remaking our bodies after the image of the world." (Susan W Tanner)

Time out for women "I am a duck" by sandra turley

"use your gifts faithfully, and they shall be enraged; practice what you know, and you shall attain to higher knowledge."

D &C 103:36

"As I serve my love increases for others and my own problems decrease in seriousness as i think of their problems. The selfishness in my life is slowly peeled away."

"You could be in one of the best seasons of your life right now, but you're not enjoying it because your focused on the burden. See the gift in what you have right now."

Jacob 3:1

"You are pleasing God inspire of your shortcomings."

"Acknowledge and face your weaknesses but don't be immobilized by them. Becomes some of them will be your companions until you part this life."

No comments: